"You don't think about where you are going to lay your head at night when you have a baby in the NICU. You aren't thinking of yourself - but, you have to take care of yourself in order to take care of your baby. That's why the Ronald McDonald House is so important."
"The help that the House gives to families in need, as well as our family, is an inspiration to us all and has already taught my six-year-old, Rena, how important it is to give open heartedly to those in need."
The Williams Family
"Staying at the Ronald McDonald House allowed me to be at the hospital at a moment's notice during Mason's stay in the NICU. I honestly share my story with tears of joy; the Ronald McDonald House has allowed us to be a family."
The Lung Family
"During my stay at the House there were days when I was sick and wanted to be alone, but then there were days where we had a great time all piled up in the living room."
Judith, Cancer Patient
"My favorite thing about volunteering is the opportunity to listen to the families' stories. This seems to provide great comfort to them and their courage is inspiring to me."
"It was a blessing staying at the Ronald McDonald House and being able to be near my son incase anything ever happen.
"Everyone at the Ronald McDonald House is in good spirits and are very welcoming. All of the families are thankful which makes my internship so meaningful."
There is nothing better than a delicious meal to help a family feel like the Ronald McDonald House is truly a place where they can find all the comforts of home. This is a vital part of our mission; however, we rely on the support of the community to make this happen each day.
Often, store-bought breakfast, snack and lunch items from our Wish List are donated to the House, and families are welcome to help themselves and prepare their own food using these items. However, we work hard to ensure that dinner is prepared and available to families at 6:30 p.m. nightly and that a hot breakfast is available to our guests most weekends. Therefore, we encourage groups and individuals to cook at our House or "sponsor" a meal by purchasing carry-out from a restaurant or store.
Whether you are able to provide one meal each month, one meal each week, or one meal, one time, we hope you will get involved in our Make-a-Meal program! Please call 803-254-3181 or email email@example.com to schedule your meal donation.
- All meals must be prepared at the Ronald McDonald House or carry out from a restaurant or store in its original packaging.
- Please provide enough food for 28-30 people.
- Our kitchen is equipped with all the tools needed to prepare a meal, such as dishes, pans and utensils. A gas grill is also available as well.
- The individual preparing the meal must provide all ingredients necessary for their recipe.
- Individuals or groups are welcome to provide breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner. For any indiviual or group wanting to provide a meal we please ask you call us at (803)-254-0118 to schedule your meal time.
- If preparing dinner at the House, please allow yourself plenty of time so that dinner can be served at 6:30 p.m.
- Likewise, if purchasing a meal from a restaurant or store, please ensure its delivery by 6:30 p.m.